Four Commercial Kitchen exhibitors struck gold today – winning coveted Innovation Challenge Awards at the show.
Ten finalists (chosen by popular visitor vote yesterday from 22 entries this year) took turns to impress the judges in the live pitching session this morning. Those judges included James Douglas, co-founder of Red’s True Barbecue; Julian Edwards, chairman of the FCSI UK&I and owner of GY5; Andy Jones, MD of AJAssociates; Andrew Seymour, editorial director of Foodservice Equipment Journal; and Jack Sharkey MSc, MD of Vision Commercial Kitchens.
The results (announced this afternoon) saw four companies receive gold awards, four awarded silvers and two taking home the bronze.
- The ‘Ready’: Carpigiani UK
- MCS FlashGRILL: MCS Technical Products
- UPster rack transport dishwashers: Meiko UK
- RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter XS: Rational UK
- APICBASE NV: APICBASE
- Let’s Cook Cloud Solution: Middleby UK
- Garbage Guzzler: PKL Group (UK)
- Reco-Air: Reco-Air
- Retigo Vision: Retigo
- True’s New Refrigerated Prep Table: True Refrigeration
Commercial Kitchen is open until 4.30pm today in hall 8 at the NEC Birmingham (last entry 3.30pm). The show returns in 2018 on 5-6 June.