If you weren’t able to attend Commercial Kitchen yesterday, there’s still plenty of great content to enjoy today – including panels featuring CEDA, The ALMR, FCSI, The Hospital Caterers Association, Nando’s, MEATliquor, and Red’s True Barbecue, plus the results of the 2017 Innovation Challenge Awards.
Keynote highlights include:
- Partners in health – the hospital kitchen panel: Iain Robertson, hotel services manager – catering, Dorset Healthcare; Andy Jones, MD of AJAssociates; Craig Smith, head of corporate affairs – healthcare, education, authorities and defence, ISS; & Philip Shelley, immediate past national chair at The Hospital Caterers Association (chair)
- Rolling out innovation – the multi-site restaurant kitchen panel: Scott Collins, co-founder & MD of MEATliquor; James Douglas, co-founder and director of Red’s True Barbecue; Adele Hing, kitchen & equipment development manager food operations at Nando’s; & Peter Martin, vice chairman of CGA Peach (chair)
- How much value can the right consultant add to a foodservice project? Paul Arnold, project director at Tricon Foodservice Consultants; Roz Burgess, owner of Intelligent Catering; Radford Chancellor, director of Radford Chancellor; Julian Edwards, chairman of the FCSI UK&I and owner of GY5; Duncan Hepburn, principal consultant of Hepburn Associates; & Michael Jones, editor of FCSI’s Foodservice Consultant Magazine (chair)
- How to run a kitchen in a prison: Chris Moore, CEO of The Clink
- Excellence by association: Julian Edwards, chairman of the FCSI UK&I; Adam Mason, director general of CEDA; Kate Nicholls, chief executive of The ALMR; Philip Shelley, immediate past national chair at The Hospital Caterers Association; Andrew Seymour, editorial director at Foodservice Equipment Journal (chair)
Innovation Challenge Awards
11.45am – The Keynote Theatre: Commercial Kitchen Innovation Challenge Live 2017 – the pitches
1.30pm – The Keynote Theatre: Innovation Challenge Awards – the results
The judging panel includes Scott Collins, co-founder & MD of MEATliquor; Julian Edwards, chairman of the FCSI UK&I and owner of GY5; Andy Jones, MD of AJAssociates; and Jack Sharkey MSc, MD of Vision Commercial Kitchens. Hosted by Chris Brazier, group event director of Commercial Kitchen
Over 80 exhibitors
Commercial Kitchen 2017 boasts over 80 manufacturers and suppliers exhibiting the complete range of innovative equipment, devices and services required to run, refurbish or build a commercial kitchen; including (but not limited to) cooking equipment, refrigeration, ventilation, storage, warewashing, fit out and design.
The full exhibitor list is available at www.commercialkitchenshow.co.uk/exhibitor-list
Commercial Kitchen is open from 10am until 4.30pm today in hall 8 at the NEC Birmingham (last entry 3.30pm).